Thursday, April 7, 2011

Bleach Fanfic-Chapter one part four

“Oh, yes!” Micah sounded innocent, but I could’ve sworn she winked at me. “We were out late because we had graduated that day and we were celebrating. When we came back, there was nobody around and we were slightly confused, but we just headed back to our rooms. Or, we were when we ran into Tasuku-kun, here.” The way she used such an informal title for him made him flinch. “He told us there had been a murder and we needed to go back. My cousin, here,” She patted my shoulder, which was about as high as her eyes, “is slightly quick tempered. She was getting pissed off at Tasuku-kun,” (flinch), “and decided it would be a wonderful idea to make us even more suspicious by pointing her sword at him and saying…. What did you say?”
I laughed. “Something along the lines of ‘I don’t like you, I should kill you’?”
Micah rolled her eyes a bit, but smiles. “And then I calmed her down, but Tasuku let his guard down so I let her teach him a lesson. Without harming him, of course.”
Tasuku glared at the floor. I could tell there was something he wanted to say, but he was holding back. Iba must have sensed this, too because he asked Tasuku for his opinion.
“Well, I was pretty sure that if they were murderers, this, uh, Haase-san wouldn’t have stopped Donnelly-san from killing me. However, the fact that Donnelly-san pointed her sword at me makes her seem suspicious. And maybe Haase-san didn’t want more blood on her hands. But it doesn’t seem like that’s very likely.”
Micah and Liz exchanged glances and I raised my eyebrow. “Very well. We may call you back and your names aren’t entirely cleared, but you are off the hook for now.” Iba said, clearly dismissing us.
We all left, and I headed back to the third division barracks. Liz turned the other way to get to ninth division, and Micah walked with me until she reached her division.
“See you!” I called, as Micah turned down the road to the fifth division. She waved back at me.
I walked to the third division to Ichimaru-taichou’s office. I raised my hand to knock on the office door when I heard raised voices.
“Izuru, what are you saying?” Came a deep male voice I was sure I had heard somewhere before.
“Don’t you dare say things like that to Ichimaru-taichou!” Kira shouted back.
“Now now, Izuru.” Came the voice of Ichimaru-taichou. “Calm down. Hisagi-san was only tryin’ ta be helpful.”
“Please, Ichimaru-taichou,” Said the first person, who I guessed was Hisagi Shuuhei, fukutaichou of division nine. “Let me talk to her.”
“I’ll let ya. Don’t worry.” Ichimaru-taichou replied. “In fact, she’s already here.”
I blinked and dropped to my knees in a bow as the door was opened. Kira, Hisagi and Ichimaru all looked at me. “I’m sorry, Ichimaru-taichou!” I said, “I heard you speaking loudly and I-“
“It’s alright.” Ichimaru said, smiling at me. I could feel a blush spread across my face and I kept my head down.
“Donnelly Cate, eighth seat of division three,” Hisagi said, “may I please speak with you privately?”
“M-me?” I looked up, surprised. “Sure…. I mean, yes sir!”
Ichimaru chuckled as Hisagi turned to Kira. “May we use your office?” He asked.
Kira gave consent, so I followed Hisagi into the small office. I sat on the desk and looked him in the eyes. “What do you need to speak with me about, Hisagi-san?”
“No need to be formal. I come here as a friend.” He smiled slightly and I immediately grew suspicious. I had never spoken directly to him before. How could he be here as a friend?
He continued, most likely aware of my suspicions. “Please listen to me in entirety before giving me your answer. I am here to recruit you to the ninth division.”
I was momentarily in shock, but then I found words again. “Why me?”
“As you know, ninth division is in charge of the news that goes around seretei but it is also a major part of the defense unit. I have heard from your sister that you are an exceptional fighter. If you are as good as she says, you can rise through the ranks quickly and have more of a challenge than you would in third division.”
“No.” I said, catching him off guard. “If you have been speaking about me with my sister then you should also know how devoted to Ichimaru-taichou I am. I will serve him as long as I am alive.”
There was a moment of silence and he nodded. “I see. I just thought I should give you the opportunity.” And he turned and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment