Thursday, April 7, 2011

Bleach Fanfic-Chapter one part one

The light seeped through my closed lids and I rolled over. Sunrise meant I had to get up, which was the last thing I wanted to do at that moment. A sudden realization came over me, and I sat up.
I had to get up because I had to report in today.
I swore and scrambled into my robes, grabbed an apple on the way out and pulled my sandals on quickly before walking quickly down the road to Ichimaru-taichou’s office.
My fist connected with the heavy wooden doors a few times before I heard Ichimaru-taichou telling me to enter. I did so and as I did I bowed.
“Hello, Ichimaru-taichou. I’m so sorry for being late.” I said, smiling.
“It’s quite alright, Cate-san.” He replied, using my first name.
I felt my cheeks grow warm and I tried to keep from blushing. “I look forward to serving you.” I said, trying to distract myself.
“I look forward ta havin’ ya un’er me. Now, I was jus’ tellin’ Izuru an’ tha rest that today y’all are gonna be huntin’ hollows ‘round the Rukongai Districts. Yer gonna be in a team with Izuru.”
I bowed again. “Yes, taichou.”
We broke into our groups, which were all very small. I was with Kira and a three other shinigami. One was a large man with a squished looking face named Inose. The second was a short female shinigami who looked quick and agile named Rima. The third was a male that looked, in every sense of the word, average named Okeriyashi. We headed to the Southern Rukongai districts.
During the trip, we stayed in the woods around the district, killing any hollows we came across. Around noon, we ate at a small restaurant at the very outskirts of the district, and then we headed back into the woods.
After downing a snake-like hollow, I leaned against a tree. That one had been smaller than normal, and much faster. It had even given me a small cut on my shoulder before I had given it a sword in the skull. I steadied my breath and wiped the blood from my shoulder.
I hesitated for a moment, then took my zanpakuto to my sleeve and cut it off. I had to strain my neck, but I could see the cut was much deeper than I had initially thought. I tried to lift my arm, but I couldn’t. The hollow had, most likely, cut my shoulder muscle. I cursed and swung my sword in my left hand. It felt off, but it was better than not being able to fight at all.
Kira came into the small clearing I had made while chasing the hollow. He took one look at my arm and he said, “I’ve seen worse, but I won’t be able to treat it. It’s been too long. We’ll have to get you back to the fourth division healing center.”
“I’m fine!” I protested. When he insisted I said, “Fine, but you all should stay here and continue the job. I’ll be fine on my own if you just bandage it up real quickly.”
He did so, and I wandered off towards seretei. My head started spinning as I reached the entrance, and I leaned against the wall. “Shit….” I whispered.
I stayed there, leaning against the wall for support, for a few minutes. Eventually I decided that it wasn’t going to get any better and it would be better to move on quickly. I opened my eyes, and the world seemed to spin faster than usual, forming strange swirly patterns. I tried to focus and stay upright, but I fell to my knees. My left hand found my shoulder. The bandages had dissolved.
“Poison….”
Then I blacked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment