Thursday, April 7, 2011

Bleach Fanfic-Chapter one part two

When my eyes fluttered open, I could see healers working over me furiously.
“Get more bandages!” One cried. “And you, heat up the water!” He looked down at me and realized I had awoken. He called for some sleeping pills, and I was forced to take them before I could even ask what was happening.



I awoke again. At first, everything was fuzzy but my eyes slowly adjusted. I was in one of the rooms for patients in the division four healing center. This time I didn’t have healers working over me. I sat up, wincing a bit as I tested my shoulder. The room was empty except for me.
I used my left arm to pull myself into a standing position. I immediately felt dizzy when I finally pulled myself up, so I gripped onto the wall for support. I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths.
I opened my eyes again and the world stopped spinning. I took my hand off the wall, tentatively and walked a few steps.
The door behind me opened suddenly and I spun around to see who it was. It was just a fourth division member coming in with more bandages.
“Oh!” She exclaimed when she saw me. “You’re awake!”
“Yeah….” I muttered.
She led me gently over to the bed, where I sat while she dressed my wounds, talking while she did so. “The poison that hollow had was quite troublesome. It kept dissolving our bandages and we had troubles drawing it out.”
“You mean… Drawing it out with a needle?” I looked at her, wide-eyed.
“Well, yeah.”
A shudder ran through my body. Needles were the one thing that I was afraid of. I would laugh in the face of death, but when presented with a needle I would run for it. Stab me with as many swords as you like and I’d be fine, but stab me with a needle and I’d probably cry. I’d had a bad childhood memory with needles.
The healer noticed and said, “Oh, its okay. It was only about this long.” She held her fingers an inch and a half apart. I looked down and shuddered again.
“I don’t like needles.” I whisper.
“Okay, okay. Just stay still and I’ll fix your bandages. Luckily, you don’t need any more needles for this.”
I did as she told me, and she was able to dress the wounds quickly. She helped me stand and regain my balance then left. I wandered around my room for a bit, but quickly got bored. I leaned against the wall.
Maybe I should check out. I thought. I hate not being able to go places.
I thought about it for a second more and then slid open the door. I wandered through the halls until I found a nurse. She checked up on me and when she decided I was well enough to leave she checked me out.
I wandered through Seretei towards the third division barracks. I’d have to report back in and tell
Ichimaru-sama that I was able to work again. As I passed the road to the seventh division, I noticed the shinigami man from two nights ago. I smiled and took out my zanpakuto and swung it casually.

No comments:

Post a Comment